Enter your authentication keys in the Admin
Overview of Magento authentication
repo.magento.com repository, where Magento 2 and third-party component Composer packages are stored, requires authentication. To provide secure authentication, we enable you to generate a pair 32-character authentication tokens you can use to access the repository. You generate, access, and can also delete or regenerate your keys using Magento Marketplace.
To get your authentication keys:
- Go to Magento Marketplace.
Click Sign In and enter your login credentials.
If you don’t have a free account, click Create an Account.
After you log in, click My Access Keys as the following figure shows.
- If you already have keys, use the Public Key as your user name and the Private Key as your password.
To create a new key pair, click Create a New Access Key.
The following figure shows an example.
- When prompted, enter a descriptive name to identify the key pair.
Click Generate New.
Use the Public key as your user name and the Private key as your password.
Manage your authentiation keys
You can optionally disable or delete authentication keys you created. For example, you can disable or delete keys for security reasons after someone left your organization.
- To disable keys: Click Disable. You can do this if you want to suspend use of your keys.
- To enable a previously disabled key: Click Enable.
- To delete keys: Click Delete.
You cannot delete or disable keys you created by signing in to
magento.com. To manage those keys:
- Log in to your
- In the top navigation bar, click Connect.
In the left pane, click Secure keys.
- Enable or disable the desired keys.
To upgrade your Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) version or to upgrade from Magento Community Edition (CE) to Magento EE, you must be authorized for Magento EE. Contact Magento Support if you have questions.
Enter the tokens in the Admin
To enter your authentication tokens:
- Log in to the Magento Admin as an administrator.
- Click System > Tools > Web Setup Wizard.
Click System Configuration.
- Enter your public and private authentication keys in the provided fields.
Click Save Config.