Magento Commerce 2.0.10 Release Notes
We are pleased to present Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) 2.0.10. This release includes multiple security and functional enhancements as well as enhancements to the Sales API. New Sales API methods allow third party solutions, such as shipping or ERP applications, to use APIs when they create an invoice or shipment.
Backward-incompatible changes are documented in Magento 2.0 Backward Incompatible Changes.
Patch 2.0.10 is now compatible with MySQL 5.7.
Patch 2.0.10 introduces two new web APIs (or service contracts) for the Sales module that incorporate functionality into the Sales API that is currently available in the Admin interface. After you install this patch, you’ll be able to use the Sales API
InvoiceOrdermethods to capture payment and ship product. For more information on these API enhancements, see the Sales API discussion in the Module Reference Guide.
Why are we adding new APIs in a patch release?
These new interfaces will not break any existing customizations or extensions. See Alan Kent’s blog about Magento for more information about these features and Magento’s use of semantic versioning.
This release includes enhancements to improve the security of your Magento software. While there are no confirmed attacks related to these issues to date, certain vulnerabilities can potentially be exploited to access customer information or take over administrator sessions. We recommend that you upgrade your existing Magento software to the latest version as soon as possible.
The following list provides an overview of the security issues fixed in this release. We describe each issue in greater detail in the Magento Security Center.
- You can no longer delete a currently logged-in user.
- Fixed issue that occurred during update with disclosure of the application’s internal path.
- Fixed issue that occurred during setup with disclosure of the application’s internal path.
- Sessions now expire as expected after logout.
- You can no longer change or fake a product price from the Magento storefront and then complete an order with that fake price.
- A user with lesser privileges can no longer use a JSON call to force an Admin user to add his private or public key.
- Fixed remote code execution issue in checkout.
- Upgrade now places stores in maintenance mode as expected. (GITHUB-3191)
- Resolved issue with potential SQL injection through the use of the ordering or grouping parameters.
- Fixed issue with retrieving potentially sensitive information through the use of backend media.
Denial-of-service (DoS) attacks and brute force attacks
- The Guest order view protection code is no longer vulnerable to brute force attacks.
- Fixed vulnerability to DoS attacks by full page cache poisoning.
Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Removed vulnerability in cart checkout experience by enhancing server-side CSRF validation.
- Resolved a potential vulnerability in which customer addresses could be deleted. You can no longer deceive a user into deleting his store address book entries.
Cross-site scripting (XSS)
- Fixed issue with XSS reflection in the loading section of REST requests.
- Fixed issue with potential storage of malicious XSS code in the body of an email template. (A malicious user could use this this script to steal user information and cookies, or to bypass cross-site request forgery protection.)
We address the following functional issues in this release.
Sales API enhancements
We’ve added the ability to change the status of a shipment through the web API. The new
ShipOrderinterface support tasks you can already do through the Admin dashboard, including the ability to:
create a shipment document (full or partial)
add details about shipped items into an order
change status and state of an order according to performed actions
notify customer about new shipment document
We’ve added the ability to change the status of an invoice through the web API. The new
InvoiceOrderinterface supports tasks you can already do through the Admin dashboard, including the ability to:
create an invoice document (full or partial)
capture money placed with order payment
notify a customer about document creation
change order status and state
For more information on these API enhancements, see Magento Sales API.
- We’ve improved the load speed of the configurable product form.
- We’ve improved the load speed of the review step for the wizard used to create a configurable product.
Tracking and shipping
- Changing the city field of an order now affects the shipping rate as expected. Previously, the shipping rate was not updated when you changed the city on your order form.
- Magento now returns UPS shipping rates for Puerto Rico.
- Magento no longer throws an exception if you enter an invalid FedEx shipment tracking number.
Cart and checkout
- Magento now updates the mini cart as expected when you reorder an item. Previously, Magento added the reordered items to the shopping cart, but the mini cart did not update its item count. (GITHUB-6121)
- You can now use an alternative Merchant Account ID when using Braintree as a payment method. (GITHUB-5910)
- Magento now returns you to the Admin dashboard after you’ve successfully changed your Admin password. Previously, Magento prompted you to change your password even after you just successfully changed it. (GITHUB-4331)
- You can now update multiselect attribute values for multiple products from the server side. (GITHUB-5459)
- State/Province field is now displayed as required on the Add New Address page. (GITHUB-5279)
- Maestro credit card now passes validation.
- The cursor now appears as expected when you edit a product description.
- Visual swatches are now displayed when in search results.
- GiftRegistry *.less file is not properly packaged in the composer package
- Delete paging functionality for configurable product variations.
- The order comment timestamp now correctly reflects the time that the comment was submitted, not when the page was last refreshed. (GITHUB-5719), (GITHUB-5890)
- Issue: Logo Email for transactional emails can not be uploaded successfully (GITHUB-6275). Workaround: Create a header template and reference the image location absolutely.
- Issue: Cannot save a custom transactional email logo. Workaround: None.
- Issue: The scope selector on the Product page does not display all websites associated with a restricted user. Workaround: None.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. See System Requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
- Get Magento Commerce using Composer
- Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
- Complete the installation
Get Magento Commerce using Composer
This software is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the Magento Commerce software using Composer, familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run:
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
<version> matches the version you want (for example,
For example, to install 2.0.10 in the
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=2.0.10 magento2
Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento Commerce archive:
- Go to your account on magento.com.
- Log in with your Magento user name and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release or Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.
Complete the installation
After you get the Commerce software:
- Set file system ownership and permissions.
Install the Magento software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to version 2.0.x from an earlier version:
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.