Magento CE 2.0.8 Release Notes
We are pleased to present Magento Community Edition 2.0.8. This release includes several functional fixes.
Backward-incompatible changes are documented in Magento 2.0 Backward Incompatible Changes.
Installation and upgrade
- Magento no longer throws a fatal error when you run the
setup upgradecommand in environments running PHP 7.0.5.
- Magento no longer duplicates URL keys during the creation of a configurable product.
- Magento now supports GLOB_BRACE on non-GNU Linux systems. (GITHUB-3490)
- You can now successfully reset the Product Attributes mass update Admin form.
- We’ve improved the implementation of the
- Magento now displays error messages on the page where the error occurred. Previously, error messages invoked by actions on the login page were not displayed until you left that page.
- Magento now sends email using a store’s specific email address when an Admin sends email. Previously, Magento would send email from the default instance email address instead of the store address.
- Magento now correctly displays the customer address on the storefront. Previously, when you selected a default billing address when creating a new customer account, Magento would not display the address.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. For details, see Technology stack requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
Get the Magento CE software using Composer
This software is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the CE software using Composer, familiarize yourself with the Composer metapackage prerequisites, then run
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
<version> matches the version you want (for example,
For example, to install Magento CE 2.0.10 in the
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-community-edition=2.0.10 magento2
Get Magento CE using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento CE software only
- Magento CE software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento CE software archive:
- Go to http://magento.com/download.
Choose either the software or the software and sample data:
Magento-CE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-CE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
<version>is the three-digit release number (for example,
2.1.0, and so on).
Complete the installation
After you get the CE software:
- Set file system ownership and permissions.
Install the Magento software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to version 2.0.x from an earlier version:
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.