Magento Commerce 2.0.8 Release Notes
We are pleased to present Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) 2.0.8. This release includes several functional fixes.
Backward-incompatible changes are documented in Magento 2.0 Backward Incompatible Changes.
Installation and upgrade
- You can now successfully uninstall Magento_CustomerBalanceSampleData.
- Magento no longer throws a fatal error when you run the
setup upgradecommand in environments running PHP 7.0.5.
- Magento no longer duplicates URL keys during the creation of a configurable product.
- Magento now supports GLOB_BRACE on non-GNU Linux systems. (GITHUB-3490)
- Magento now correctly displays the customer address on the storefront. Previously, when you selected a default billing address when creating a new customer account, Magento would not display the address.
- You can now successfully reset the Product Attributes mass update Admin form.
- The Admin Action Log archive is now formatted as expected.
- We’ve improved the implementation of the
- Magento now displays error messages on the page where the error occurred. Previously, error messages invoked by actions on the login page were not displayed until you left that page.
- Magento now sends email using a store’s specific email address when an Admin sends email. Previously, Magento would send email from the default instance email address instead of the store address.
- Solr search now returns search results as expected from both English and Spanish stores. Previously, Solr returned results for the English site but not for the Spanish site.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. For details, see Technology stack requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
- Get Magento Commerce using Composer
- Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
- Complete the installation
Get Magento Commerce using Composer
This software is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the Magento Commerce software using Composer, familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run:
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
<version> matches the version you want (for example,
For example, to install 2.0.10 in the
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=2.0.10 magento2
Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento Commerce archive:
- Go to your account on magento.com.
- Log in with your Magento user name and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release or Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.
Complete the installation
After you get the Commerce software:
- Set file system ownership and permissions.
Install the Magento software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to version 2.0.x from an earlier version:
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.