Magento Commerce 2.0.9 Release Notes
We are pleased to present Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) 2.0.9. This release includes several functional fixes.
Backward-incompatible changes are documented in Magento 2.0 Backward Incompatible Changes.
- Magento no longer displays an incorrect price in the shopping cart when using multiple shipping addresses.
- The Minicart Maximum Display Recently Added Item setting now works as expected. Previously, Magento displayed all the items in the shopping cart, even when the number of items exceeded this limit. (GITHUB-4750)
- We’ve improved storefront performance when you use many variations of a configurable product.
Cart Price Rules are now applied as expected to Payment method conditions. Previously, discounts set in Cart Price Rules were not applied during checkout.
You can now select Gift Wrapping when purchasing a Grouped product. Previously, Magento did not permit you to select Gift Wrapping for a Grouped product. (GITHUB-4852)
- You can now save a product for which you’ve entered no Swatch attribute value when this attribute is not required. Previously, during product creation, Magento would not save the product unless you added a value to the swatch attribute even with “Values Required” set to No.
- Attributes of the
salesInvoiceRepositorymethods are now correctly type cast. (The datatype is now a float – not nullable float.) Previously, due to the use of an incorrect data type cast, Magento would produce an error when calling the
- We’ve renamed the Tier Price option on the Advanced Pricing tab to Customer Group Price option.
- Tier pricing now works correctly with full page cache. (GITHUB-5364)
The Sales API does not currently support all the update operations on objects that you can execute from the Admin panel. (Objects in this context include orders, invoices, shipments, credit memos, and return merchandise authorizations.)
The Sales API
supports create, read, delete, and search operations on objects
does not support updates to order status or payment status. (Order status includes change to processing, shipped, processed, and hold, while payment status includes authorized, charged, reject, and refund.)
You can run these operations from the Admin panel.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. For details, see Technology stack requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
- Get Magento Commerce using Composer
- Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
- Complete the installation
Get Magento Commerce using Composer
This software is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the Magento Commerce software using Composer, familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run:
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
<version> matches the version you want (for example,
For example, to install 2.0.10 in the
composer create-project --repository-url=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=2.0.10 magento2
Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento Commerce archive:
- Go to your account on magento.com.
- Log in with your Magento user name and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release or Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.
Complete the installation
After you get the Commerce software:
- Set file system ownership and permissions.
Install the Magento software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to version 2.0.x from an earlier version:
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.