First steps for importing Magento EE
This topic discusses the workflow and initial tasks to perform before importing your existing Magento Enterprise Edition (EE) system into Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition project.
Before you continue, make sure you have done all of the following:
Your existing Magento EE code must be in Git.
If not, you must add it to Git before continuing.
Complete all of the tasks in your Magento EE system:
Following is our recommended workflow:
Create a new, empty Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition project from a template.
This new project has files and directories specific to Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition.
- Replace the contents of this project with your code using Git.
- Import your Magento database into your Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition project.
- Import your static files into your Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition project.
- Copy your Magento EE encryption key to your Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition project.
- Clear the cache and verify the project imported successfully.
Create a new, empty Magento Enterprise Edition project
To access your project for the first time:
- Log in to your Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition account.
Click the Projects tab as the following figure shows.
- Click the name of your project (initially, it’s named [Untitled Project]).
When prompted, enter a name for your project and click Next.
Click Create a blank site from a template as the following figure shows.
- Click Continue.
- When prompted, enter your Magento EE authentication keys in the provided fields and click Finish.
Wait a few minutes while the project deploys.
During this time, the Web Interface displays messages similar to the following:
After the project deploys, Success displays next to the name of your project.
The following figure shows an example.
You can now visit your site or configure your project.