Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure enables you to assign environment variables to override configuration options:
- ADMIN—variables override project ADMIN variables
- Global—variables affect each stage
- Build—variables control build actions
- Cloud—variables specific to Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure
- Deploy—variables control deploy actions
- Post-deploy—variables control actions after deploy
Variables are hierarchical, which means that if a variable is not overridden, it is inherited from the parent environment.
You can set ADMIN variables from the Project Web interface or using the Adobe Commerce CLI. You can manage other environment variables from the
.magento.env.yaml file to manage build and deploy actions across all of your environments—including Pro Staging and Production—without requiring a support ticket.