This Community collection of resources links to blog posts, podcasts, presentations, and books created by members of the Magento community and core developers separated into popular topics.
New items will be added incrementally, and older links rotated out. Keep an eye on this space for the latest community resources!
Another community-based resource, focused on describing the Magento 2 environment, is the Magento 2 Awesome List.
Do you know of a popular resource about Magento 2 that has been released/published within the past year? Does it fill gaps in our current docs and provide important information? Let us know!
Magento does not officially endorse any of the linked blogs, books, presentation, or podcasts linked below. They are listed here because the content has been well received within the Magento community.
See our collection of best and leading practices, common solutions, and more in the Community contributed best practices guide. If you have excellent best practices, tips and tricks, and work-arounds, feel free to contribute!
Community Engineering Slack
To connect with Magento and the Community, join us on the Magento Community Engineering Slack. If you are interested in joining Slack, or a specific channel, send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org or self signup.
We have channels for each project. These channels are recommended for new members:
- announcements: Introduce yourself and get quick updates for Magento Community Engineering
- general: Open chat for introductions and Magento 2 questions
- appdesign: Open chat for Magento architecture and technical guidelines
- coding-standards: Open chat for developing coding standards for Magento
- github: Support for GitHub issues, pull requests, and processes
- public-backlog: Discussions of the Magento 2 backlog
- devdocs: Documentation contribution support
Resources and guides
- Video How to contribute during Magento Contribution Days by Max Pronko
- GitHub Magento Resources curated list by Alessandro Ronchi
- Videos Mage2.tv
- Podcast MageTalk by Phillip Jackson and Kalen
- Vlog eCommerceAholic by TJ Gamble
- Statistics Magestats by Marcel Hauri
- Videos Magento Dev Channel with Max Pronko by Max Pronko
- Courses Magento Courses by Max Pronko
- Videos Mage2Katas by Vinai Kopp
- Blog posts The Magento Blog by Fooman
- Presentation Magento 2 Integrations by Joshua Warren
- Presentation Integrations with Magento, end to end story: RabbitMQ, APIs by Eugene Tulika
- GitHub Magento 2 Docker by Mark Shust (supports Magento 2.3.0, PHP 7.2, Elasticsearch)
- Presentation 48 Hour Launches and Other Lessons Learned With Large-Scale Digital Transformations by Joshua Warren of Creatuity
- Blog post Magento 2 - Launch Checklist by Syed Muneeb Ul Hasan
- Presentation Magento 2 Deployment: What you should know by Olga KopyLova
- Blog post Magento 2 deployment without the downtime by Robert Egginton
- Blog post Deploying Magento 2 - History & Overview by Matthias Walter
- Blog post Deploying Magento 2 using Capistrano by David Alger
- Blog post Deploying Magento 2 with Composer and Envoyer by Nick Rigby
- GitHub Magento 2 Docker by meanbee
- GitHub Magento 2 Dockergento by ModestCoders
- Presentation Zero Downtime in Magento 2, Is it Possible? by Óscar Recio
- Blog post Unit testing in Magento 2 by [Inchoo]
- Blog post Magento2 Functional Testing Framework(MFTF) by WelKul
- Blog post A Quick Guide to Automation Test in Magento 2 by Luong Ngoc Son
- Presentation Writing testable code by Vinai Kopp (Bonus: Video Presentation)
- Blog post Integration Tests with Magento 2 by Andreas von Studnitz
Mastering Magento 2
- Blog post 10 Practical Rules to Build High Quality Magento 2 Module by Max Pronko
- Presentation Stop Flushing the F#@king Cache, Indexing and Caching in Magento 2 by John Hughes]
- Blog Alan Storm blog
- Book Magento 2 DIY by Viktor Khliupko
- Book Magento 2 Cookbook by Ray Bogman and Vladimir Kerkhoff
- Presentation Staging and Preview by Igor Melnykov
- Blog post Introducing UI Components by Alan Storm
- Presentation Micro Services by Ivan Chepurnyi
- Presentation Premium performance with PHP 7 and Varnish by Miguel Balparda