Configure your hosted system
Before you can install the Magento software, you must get your hosted system ready.
If your hosted system is already set up, go to Get the Magento software packages.
- Verify the software on your system
- Configure a database and a database user
- Configure PHP
- Transfer the Magento software to your hosted system
- Install the Magento software
Verify the software on your system
Magento requires the following software to run:
- Web server: Apache 2.2 or 2.4
- Programming language: PHP 5.6.x or 5.5.x
- Database: MySQL 5.6.x
We recommend you contact your shared hosting provider’s technical support to verify all of the preceding are installed and get their assistance if any of the software is not installed.
For complete details, see System requirements.