(Integrator) Integrator installation
(Integrator) Overview of integrator installation
This topic provides an overview of how to get either the Magento Open Source or Magento Commerce metapackage .
The audience for this topic is anyone who downloads the Magento metapackage using
composer create-project. If that isn’t you, go back and choose another starting point.
Before you continue, make sure you’ve done all of the following:
We use Composer to manage Magento components and their dependencies. Using Composer to get the Magento software metapackage provides the following advantages:
- Reuse third-party libraries without bundling them with source code
- Reduce extension conflicts and compatibility issues by using a component-based architecture with robust dependency management
- Adhere to PHP-Framework Interoperability Group (FIG) standards
- Repackage Magento Open Source with other components
- Use the Magento software in a production environment
You must create a Composer project from our metapackage if you want to use the Magento Web Setup Wizard to upgrade the Magento software and third-party extensions.