Migrate data from Magento 1 to Magento 2
Data Migration allows you to migrate several types of data from your Magento 1 store to Magento 2 store.
Start your migration
- Make sure that the Data Migration Tool has a network access to connect to Magento 1 and Magento 2 databases. Open ports in your firewall.
- Stop all activity in the Magento 1.x Admin Panel (except for order management, such as shipping, creating invoice, credit memos etc.)
- Stop all Magento 1.x cron jobs.
- Use the migration tool to migrate settings and websites.
- Copy your Magento 1.x media files to Magento 2.0. (You must copy these manually from
- Use Data Migration Tool to migrate your data from Magento 1 database to Magento 2 database. If some of your extensions have data you want to migrate, you might need to install these extensions adapted for Magento 2. In case the extensions have a different structure in Magento 2 database, use the mapping files provided with the Data Migration Tool.
- Use the
magento indexer:reindexcommand to reindex all indexers.
- Thoroughly test your Magento 2.0 site.
NOTE: Activity cannot resume until your Magento 2 store goes live.
Now that you’ve migrated your data, you must incrementally capture data updates that are added in Magento 1 store (such as new orders, reviews and changes in customer profiles) and migrate it to Magento 2 store.
- Start the incremental migration; updates run continually. You can stop the updates at any time by pressing CTRL+C
- Test your Magento 2 site during this time so you can catch any issues as soon as possible. In case you find any issues, press Control+C to stop incremental migration and start it again after issues are resolved
Now that your Magento 2 site is up-to-date with Magento 1 and is functioning normally, do the following to cut over to the new site:
- Put your Magento 1 system in maintenance mode (DOWNTIME STARTS).
- Press Control+C in the migration tool command window to stop incremental updates.
- Start your Magento 2 cron jobs.
- In your Magento 2 system, reindex the stock indexer using the command
magento indexer:reindex cataloginventory_stock.
- Using a tool of your choice, hit pages in your Magento 2 system to cache pages in advance of customers using your storefront .
- Perform any final verification of your Magento 2 site.
- Change DNS, load balancers, and so on to point to new production hardware (DOWNTIME ENDS)
- Magento 2 store is ready to use. You and Your customers can resume all activities.
For full information please see the complete Migration Guide