Magento Commerce 2.1.11 Release Notes
- Fixed issues
- Known issue
- Community contributions
- System requirements
- Install the Magento software
- Upgrade from an earlier version
- Migration toolkits
Patch code and release notes were published on December 12, 2017.
Release notes updated December 19, 2017.
We are pleased to present Magento Open Source 2.1.11. This release includes both new features and many improvements. Check out the many community-contributed fixes!
Look for the following highlights in this release:
Support for the Indian Rupee (INR) in PayPal Express Checkout
New commands and functionality for the command-line interface. We’ve added interactivity to the
admin:user:createcommand, and added the ability to handle CLI setup interactively (with prompts).
Fixes and enhancements (highlights)
- Significant enhancements for payment methods. We’ve fixed an issue where some Braintree refunds did not work. Braintree online refunds now work when you are using two Braintree accounts on two separate websites.
- Improvements to Visual Merchandiser. We’ve improved the performance of Visual Merchandiser when editing or saving products in large categories (more than 18,000 products per category).
- Corrected sitemap generation. Magento no longer generates the sitemap in the wrong folder when
vhostis connected to
/pub. Previously, Magento generated the sitemap in the root folder instead of the pub folder. GitHub-2802
- Magento now displays the correct price for a simple child product that has a price that is lower than other options (and for which no options on the configurable product have been selected). Previously under these circumstances, Magento displayed the lowest possible price, not the correct price, for the product.
- You can now add a configurable product to your cart from the Category page. Previously, you had to review the product on the Product page before adding it to your cart. GitHub-2574, GitHub-5850, GitHub-5882, GitHub-6572, GitHub-5558, GitHub-8470
/pub/.user.inifiles now specify a
memory_limitvalue of at least 1G to 2G for debugging purposes. Fix submitted by Mr. Lewis in pull request 11761. GitHub-11322
- Magento now downloads the backup
.tgzfile that you select for downloading. Previously, no matter which backup you selected, Magento downloaded the most recent backup. Fix submitted by Pieter Cappelle in pull request 11596. GitHub-10032
- We’ve resolved an issue where store websites do not work when Redis cache is installed and the PhpRedis extension is enabled.
- A user who does not have permission to view a category (based on category permissions) can no longer view it in the menu even if it were cached.
- You can now save a price of 0 (zero) for a custom option. Fix submitted by Raul Mateos in pull request 11844. GitHub-4808
- Magento no longer changes a product image background to black no matter which color you configure. Fix submitted by Raul Mateos in pull request 11890. GitHub-8799
- Magento now checks the uniqueness of attribute option values when you use REST to create the option. Fix submitted by gonzalopelon in pull request 11786. GitHub-8846
GET v1/products/attribute-sets/sets/listnow returns a full list of attribute sets. Fix submitted by David Verholen in pull request 11432. GitHub-11022
- If a configurable product is part of a shipment being created via REST, only the parent’s quantity will be counted towards total shipment item quantity. Previously, Magento counted both the parent and child product of the configurable product, which resulted in a count of two products added to the shopping cart.
- The Add-to-cart checkboxes in Related Products are no longer visible on the storefront when
$canItemsAddToCartis set to false. Fix submitted by Marc Rodriguez in pull request 11610. GitHub-689
Cart and checkout
- Magento no longer applies free shipping when you remove a free shipping coupon code from the checkout page.
- Magento now permits zip codes for the Netherlands to contain spaces. Fix submitted by Oscar Recio in pull request 11960. GitHub-11898
- If you’ve enabled persistent shopping cart, you can now check out even after your session has expired. Previously, if you tried to check out after your session ended, cart contents were not available, and Magento displayed this message: Unable to place order. Please try again later.
- Magento now displays the correct drop-down option labels for configurable products when you create attributes for products with a custom source.
- Magento now saves selected product options when you edit a product page. Previously, Magento did not save configurable options.
- When a simple child product on a configurable product has a lower price (either regular, or special price) than the other options (variations), the configurable product without any selected options now indicates that the price could be as low as as the lowest price. Previously, if a simple child product has a price that is lower than the other options, and no options on the configurable product have been selected yet, the configurable product will be shown with the lowest available price.
app:config:dumpno longer adds an extra space to multi-line array values. Fix submitted by @adrian-martinez-interactiv4 in pull request 11451. GitHub-11328
- You can now run
bin/magento cron:installand then remove the
crontabwithout changing the external crontab entry. Fix submitted by @adrian-martinez-interactiv4 in pull request 11590. GitHub-11586
- Office XML handler now supports exports of XML that contain negative values. Fix submitted by HausO in pull request 11758. GitHub-11729
- Magento no longer throws an exception when the X-Magento-Tags header contains whitespace. Fix submitted by Ihor Sviziev in pull request 11848. GitHub-7640
- New orders now appear as expected in the Order table after you migrate data. Fix submitted by Ihor Sviziev in pull request 11932. GitHub-10185
- We’ve added an extra API call to the interface for managing customer accounts, and it permits you to implement the full reset password process. Fix submitted by Mr. Lewis in pull request 11920.
- We no longer hard-code the array index of
Magento_Backend::adminin the resources ACL tree. Fix submitted by Navarr Barnier in pull request 11739.
- The Stores > Configuration > General > Design page now displays as expected. GitHub-5256
- After confirming a customer’s account, the Magento welcome message now displays the customer’s first and last name.
- Products in the cart with a price of $0.00 no longer cause an extra cent to be applied to the discount amount. GitHub-9453
- Magento no longer throws SQL errors when TargetRules are implemented.
- Magento now displays the State/Province field after you edit the billing address on sales orders. Fix submitted by Raul Mateos in pull request 11378. GitHub-10441
- We removed a typo in the Paypal Module. Fix submitted by Mr. Lewis in pull request 11674. GitHub-7591
- The Customer Groups are now located in the Magento Admin under Customers > Customer Groups. Fix submitted by Mr. Lewis in pull request 11678.
- We’ve fixed the dashboard graph’s y-axis range. Fix submitted by Oscar Recio in pull request 11753. GitHub-7927
- We’ve fixed an error in the
\Magento\Customer\Test\Unit\Model\AccountManagementTest class:unit tests. Fix submitted by @adrian-martinez-interactiv4 in pull request 11606.
- Magento no longer assigns multiple blocks the same ID. Fix submitted by Thiago in pull request 11804.
- If you add a new value for an EAV attribute, Magento checks to make sure it is unique for the attribute. Fix submitted by Raul Mateos in pull request 11621.
- Shipping address lines no longer disappear when
street_linesin customer configuration is set to 0 (zero). Fix submitted by Cristian Sanclemente in pull request 12022. GitHub-7995
- Magento now sends email confirming a newsletter subscription only when the subscriber is subscribing for the first time. Fix submitted by Oscar Recio in pull request 11316. GitHub-5439
- The Magento store code validation
regexnow supports uppercase letters in store code. Fix submitted by Manu Gonzalez Rodriguez in pull request 12040. GitHub-11996
- Magento now displays datepicker fields as expected when you scroll. Fix submitted by @lionelalvarez in pull request 12045. GitHub-7903
- You can now add an HTML node to page XML root of a theme without causing a validation error. Fix submitted by @adrian-martinez-interactiv4 in pull request 11861. GitHub-11697
- Magento no longer converts special characters in a store name to numerical character references in the email subject line. Fix submitted by Ihor Sviziev in pull request 12115. GitHub-6597, GitHub-8094
- We’ve simplified the
update button.phtmltranslation. Fix submitted by @ChuckyK in pull request 12106.
- Magento no longer generates the sitemap in the wrong folder when
vhostis connected to
/pub. Previously, Magento generated the sitemap in the root folder instead of the pub folder. GitHub-2802
Magento now throws a PHP 500 Error when
$optionsArray['delete'][$optionId]is not set. Fix submitted by @angelo983 in pull request 11728.
- Magento now correctly displays storefront search fields in Magento installations running in Safari. Previously, the search field shifted unexpectedly after you viewed shopping cart contents in Magento installations running either desktop or mobile versions of Safari. Fix submitted by Ihor Sviziev in pull request 12111. GitHub-8178
- You can now import customer addresses from websites with country restrictions.
- Magento now successfully imports customer multiselect attributes. Previously, when you imported a CSV file with either the option’s ID numbers or the option’s values, Magento returned an error.
- Magento no longer changes custom options IDs each time the product is imported or saved.
- When you export customer details into CSV format, Magento now displays the values of the Confirmed email and Account Lock columns in the Customer table. Previously, Magento displayed a blank value for these columns in the CSV file.
- We’ve fixed an issue that lead to wrong products being indexed. Previously, the
entity_idwhen collecting information from changelogs.
- We’ve corrected the block class defined in the XML layout for order items on the order print page is definitely not correct. As a result, you cannot see the order item’s information upon the order printing. Fix submitted by Yaroslav Rogoza in pull request 11631. GitHub-9830, GitHub-10530
- Magento PayPal integration now supports the Indian Rupee currency (INR).
- Braintree online refunds now work when you are using two Braintree accounts on two separate websites. Previously, when using two Braintree accounts for two separate websites, Magento did not process the refund, and displayed this message: Sorry, but something went wrong.
- We’ve fixed the race condition that previously caused duplicate orders with a user double-clicked on the Braintree Pay button. Fix submitted by Daniel Doyle in pull request 11901. GitHub-10767
- Magento no longer throws an exception when you choose an Order page in the Admin, or set a transaction ID in a payment module. Fix submitted by Alex in pull request 12284. GitHub-3596
- We’ve improved the performance of Web API calls that are used to access checkout payment information or place orders. Fix submitted by Malyovanets Nickolas in pull request 11640. GitHub-9007
- You can now successfully search reports for a particular customer (Reports > By Customers). Fix submitted by Oscar Recio in pull request 11523. GitHub-10301
- Magento no longer discounts items that belong to an excluded category. Previously, you were unable to exclude products assigned to a specific category due to the Cart Price rule.
- Products in the cart with a price of $0.00 no longer cause an extra cent to be applied to the discount amount.
- We’ve fixed a range of issues that affect shipping when Sales rules and Cart rules are involved. For example, the free shipping coupon previously did not work with Table Rates shipping. Fix submitted by Mr. Lewis in pull request 11919. GitHub-8172, GitHub-8089, GitHub-10507
- The Elasticsearch indexer search-by-attribute functionality now works as expected.
- Magento no longer throws an error (
Undefined variable: responseAjax) when you try to save a shipment package. Fix submitted by Joe Constant in pull request 12092.
- Magento now correctly calculates the tier price percentage when displayed prices include tax. GitHub-8833
- The total tax amount displayed in the Full Tax Summary now equals the sum of the relevant individual taxes. Fix submitted by Pieter Cappelle in pull request 11593. GitHub-10347
- You can now implement translations from themes (in contrast to translations from modules).
- We’ve improved the performance of editing or saving products in large categories (more than 18,000 products per category).
Issue: In Swagger, the text area that contains the payload structure of some POST and PUT operations is not displayed. If a fraction of the text area is displayed, you can click on it to display the payload structure in a text area in the center of the page. If the text area is not displayed at all, then you cannot access the payload structure.
Workaround: Use the Devdocs static Swagger site to navigate to the REST call you want to use, then copy the payload structure to your Swagger instance.
We are grateful to the wider Magento community and would like to acknowledge their contributions to this release.
The following table identifies contributions from our community members. This table lists the external pull requests, the GitHub issue number associated with it (if available), and the community member who contributed the pull request.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. For more information, see System Requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
- Get Magento Commerce using Composer
- Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
- Complete the installation
Get Magento Commerce using Composer
Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the Magento Commerce software using Composer, familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run:
composer create-project --repository=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
2.1.1, and so on
For example, to install 2.1.1 in the
composer create-project --repository=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=2.1.1 magento2
Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento Commerce archive:
- Go to your account on magento.com.
- Log in with your Magento username and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release or Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.
Complete the installation
After you get the Commerce software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to Magento Commerce 2.1 from an earlier version, see Upgrade to Magento version 2.1 (June 22, 2016).
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
An updated version of this toolkit is typically available several days after the patch release.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.
Dear community members, thank you for your suggestions and bug reports.