Magento Commerce 2.1.4 Release Notes
- Security enhancement
- Functional fixes and enhancements
- Known issues
- System requirements
- Install the Magento software
- Upgrade from an earlier version
- Migration toolkits
We are pleased to present Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) 2.1.4. This release includes many functional fixes and enhancements, plus one important security fix.
Looking for the Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.1.4 and 2.0.12 Release Notes?
Magento 2.1.4 contains more than 20 functional fixes and enhancements, and one security enhancement. Look for the following highlights in this release:
Removal of vulnerability with the Zend framework
Zend_Maillibrary. For more information, see New Zend Framework 1 Security Vulnerability.
Updates to the catalog, payment, and sales modules
This release includes an important enhancement to the security of your Magento software. While there are no confirmed attacks related to the Zend framework
vulnerability to date, certain vulnerabilities can potentially be exploited to access customer information or take over administrator sessions. We recommend that you upgrade your existing Magento software to the latest version as soon as possible.
Functional fixes and enhancements
We address the following functional issues in this release.
- The storefront gallery now displays all the images associated with a configurable product . Previously, when you clicked on the swatches associated with a configurable product, the gallery displayed only one of several possible images. (GITHUB-6195), (GITHUB-4101)
- Magento now displays the This is a required field message immediately adjacent to the product options as needed during checkout . Previously, Magento displayed this message at the bottom of the checkout form.
- Magento now successfully estimates shipping costs. Previously, when you tried to estimate shipping costs, the load indicator would spin indefinitely, and Magento displayed this exception,
Object doesn't support this action. (GITHUB-5358), (GITHUB-7051)
IndexerHandlerFactoryno longer tries to cast the
$indexerobject to a String if an error occurs. Since
$indexeris an object of type
IndexerInterfaceand does not have a
__toString()method, attempting to cast the
$indexerobject to a String previously resulted in an error. (GITHUB-5155)
- The Magento flat indexer now collects correct product data for
- The Magento flat indexer no longer throws an error after flat tables are enabled and reindexed. This fix applies to both product and catalog tables.
Installation, configuration, and deployment
- Third-party command line tools no longer fail when you run
- Magento now correctly applies website configuration parameters to the corresponding store view . (GITHUB-7943)
- Magento now displays the price of out-of-stock products on the product page.
- The Allow Gift Wrapping for Order Items setting now works as expected. Previously, when Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Gift Options was set to No, users saw the Gift Option link under each product in their shopping cart .
- Information set by the Default Billing Address and Default Shipping Address checkboxes on the Customer page are now saved correctly.
- Admin users with appropriate permissions can now reset the passwords of more than one customer at a time. (GITHUB-5260)
- Admin interface forms now load data as expected after initializing all components. Previously, under certain conditions, the load indicator would spin indefinitely, and Magento would not load data.
- If you remove an item from the Compare Items list that is displayed on any Category page, Magento no longer redirects you to the Compare Products page.
- The order comments history no longer duplicates the time that a comment was made. Previously, the time that a comment was made was listed twice.
- You can now successfully complete Paypal checkout with products that have custom options. (GITHUB-5938)
- PayPal Payflow Pro now uses the currency you’ve specified in your store settings. Previously, Magento converted the total price into U.S. dollars, no matter which currency was specified in the store settings.
- Magento no longer displays the No Payment method available message when a customer tries to ship items to a billing-restricted country.
- Third-party payment gateways are now visible from the Admin. (GITHUB-7891)
- Magento now updates you as expected on order comments and order history after you initiate a refund using Braintree. Previously, when you clicked the Refund button (to initiate a refund), Magento did not redirect you to order comments and history information.
- We’ve fixed an issue with using PayPal Express Checkout to order products with custom options. Previously, although an Admin user could create and configure “File type” custom options, customers could not upload and store files within the order quote . (GITHUB-5434)
- We’ve fixed a fatal issue that occurred if you executed the CatalogImportExport test before running a subsequent test. Previously, you’d receive this error:
Failed asserting that false is true.
We’ve fixed a fatal issue that occurred if you ran Travis builds on
imagettfbbox 2.1.2. Previously, you’d receive this error:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function Magento\Framework\Image\Adapter\imagettfbbox() in /home/travis/build/magento/magento2/lib/internal/Magento/Framework/Image/Adapter/Gd2.php
Issue: You receive the following fatal error while installing 2.1.3 from
> Fatal error: Cannot instantiate interface Magento\Framework\App\Config\Scope\ReaderPoolInterface in /var/www/html/magento2ce/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php on line 73.
Workaround: You can avoid this fatal error by taking one of these actions:
If your Magento root directory is
<Magento install dir>/pub, then start the Web Setup Wizard from
http://<Magento host or IP>/setupinstead of from
http://<Magento host or IP>
Install Magento using the command line.
- Issue: Magento fails to validate a customer address or customer attributes as expected during checkout.
- Issue: Installing with Varnish can result in products not appearing on the frontend even after you purge the cache .
- Issue: When editing a product, you cannot edit customizable options on the storeview level. Consequently, a change to one option affects products on all stores. Also, the Use Default Value checkbox for the option title does not work. Clearing this checkbox, and then changing the option title affects all storeviews.
- Issue: You cannot use a negative value in the Quantity field for a product, even when you activate back orders (Stores > Settings > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory > Product Stock Options > Backorders = Allow Qty Below 0) (GITHUB-7401)
- Issue: When you upgrade your Magento installation from the command line, the
bin/magentocommands do not skip the
var/sessionfolder, as expected. (The
setup:uninstall.) Workaround: Make
var/sessionwriteable before you run the
- Issue: The Low Stock Products report (Admin > Reports > Products > Low Stock) is not working correctly.
Issue: You cannot re-enable a previously disabled
[PDOException] SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'magento.quote_item' doesn't exist
- Issue: If you move a product update from one scheduled update to another, Magento will no longer track entity changes.
Issue: You cannot generate secure content if you deploy static content under these conditions:
pub/staticis in read-only mode
Magento is in production mode
pub/static/_requirejs/frontend/Magento/luma/en_US/secure/requirejs-config.js, and consequently the frontend code, will fail under these conditions.
- Issue: Client-side LESS compilation is not working properly. Consequently, page load performance is not optimal.
Our technology stack is built on PHP and MySQL. For more information, see System Requirements.
Install the Magento software
See one of the following sections:
- Get Magento Commerce using Composer
- Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
- Complete the installation
Get Magento Commerce using Composer
Magento Commerce (formerly Enterprise Edition) is available from
repo.magento.com. Before installing the Magento Commerce software using Composer, familiarize yourself with these prerequisites, then run:
composer create-project --repository=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=<version> <installation directory name>
2.1.1, and so on
For example, to install 2.1.1 in the
composer create-project --repository=https://repo.magento.com/ magento/project-enterprise-edition=2.1.1 magento2
Get Magento Commerce using a compressed archive
The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
Archives are available in the following formats:
To get the Magento Commerce archive:
- Go to your account on magento.com.
- Log in with your Magento username and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release or Magento Commerce 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.*(without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.*(with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.
Complete the installation
After you get the Commerce software:
Upgrade from an earlier version
To upgrade to Magento Commerce 2.1 from an earlier version, see Upgrade to Magento version 2.1 (June 22, 2016).
The Data Migration Tool helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store data to Magento 2.x. This command-line interface includes verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. For installation instructions, see Install the Data Migration Tool. Consider exploring or contributing to the Magento Data Migration repository.
The Code Migration Toolkit helps transfer existing Magento 1.x store extensions and customizations to Magento 2.0.x. The command-line interface includes scripts for converting Magento 1.x modules and layouts.
Dear community members, thank you for your suggestions and bug reports.