This page summarizes the technologies we use. For more detailed information, see the System Requirements.
Magento’s highly modular structure includes the following open-source technologies.
- Composer (dependency management package for PHP)
- MySQL Percona
- Solr (Magento Commerce)
- Elasticsearch (Magento Commerce - 2.1.x only)
- CSS3 (Less CSS pre-processor)
- Third-party libraries (Zend Framework 1, Zend Framework 2, Symfony)
- Coding standards PSR-0 (autoloading standard), PSR-1 (basic coding standards), and PSR-2 (coding style guide), PSR-3, PSR-4
Optional stack components
- Varnish (caching)
- Redis (used for page caching)
- Solr (search engine)
- Elasticsearch (search engine)
Magento 2.2 and above only supports PHP7+ and is no longer compatible with HipHop Virtual Machine(HHVM).