Installation roadmap (reference)
This roadmap provides a reference for the installation process. Refer to this topic at any time to move back and forth through the stages of installation.
This is a list of the most common topics you’ll need for installation; the list is not comprehensive, however. You’ll find additional information using the table of contents on the left side of the page.
Precondition: How advanced are you?
Do you know what a “terminal” application is? Do you know what operating system your server runs? Do you know what Apache is? If not, see the Installation overview.
Installation part 1: Getting started
- Choose how to get the Magento software
- System requirements
- The Magento file system owner
Installation part 2: Installing
Installation part 3: Post-installation
- Upgrading (or patching the Magento application)
- Updating components (including install, uninstall, update, enable, disable)
- Contributing developers only: Contributing developers—update, reinstall Magento