2.2.x Release Information
With Magento 2.2.5, we are moving to a quarterly release cycle for minor releases. Quarterly releases contain bug fixes, security enhancements, introduction of new bundled extensions, and community code contributions.
Quarterly patch releases do not introduce backward-incompatible changes, architectural changes, or changes to underlying major components. Magento remains committed to restricting those changes to only major and minor releases that occur outside this quarterly cadence.
Magento 2.2.x Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.6 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.5 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.4 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.3 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.2 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.1 Release Notes
- Magento Commerce 2.2.1 Release Notes
- Magento Open Source 2.2.0 Release Notes
- Magento Commerce 2.2.0 Release Notes
- Magento Commerce Cloud 2.2.0 Release Notes
- Overview of backward-incompatible changes between the 2.1 and 2.2 releases
Magento Commerce Cloud Composer packages
Magento Commerce Cloud Composer package updates allow you to apply patches without a full product installation or upgrade.
You can apply patches as they become available to update Magento Commerce (Cloud). We recommend using a new active branch and Integration environment for applying and testing the patch prior to fully deploying across all environments. We strongly recommend you test patches locally so you can identify and resolve any issues.
We recommend installing full Magento Commerce Cloud upgrades for important security updates. Full upgrades include all associated patches and hotfixes.
Contact information for third-party extensions
Magento Shipping release notes
We provide a list of current fixes and enhancements to the Magento Shipping extension in the Magento Shipping Release Notes.