This page summarizes the technologies we use. For more detailed information, see the System Requirements.
Magento’s highly modular structure includes the following open-source technologies.
- Composer (dependency management package for PHP)
Magento, with assistance from our community, is implementing PHP 7.2 compatibility for our upcoming 2.3.0 release. Any backward-incompatibility issues will be resolved in this release, and all 3rd party libraries now support PHP 7.2. Fully tested 7.2 support will be delivered in following patch releases.
If you are interested in participating in Magento Community projects we welcome your help! See our ZenHub board for a full list of outstanding issues.
- MySQL Percona
- Elasticsearch (Magento Commerce versions 2.1.x and 2.2.x, and Magento Open Source version 2.3.x)
- CSS3 (LESS CSS pre-processor)
- Third-party libraries (Zend Framework 1, Zend Framework 2, Symfony)
- Coding standards PSR-0 (autoloading standard), PSR-1 (basic coding standards), and PSR-2 (coding style guide), PSR-3, PSR-4
Optional stack components
- Varnish (caching)
- Redis (used for page caching)
- Elasticsearch (search engine)
- RabbitMQ (message queue)
Magento 2.2+ does not support HipHop Virtual Machine (HHVM).