- Reuse third-party libraries without bundling them with source code
- Reduce extension conflicts and compatibility issues by using a component-based architecture with robust dependency management
- Adhere to PHP-Framework Interoperability Group (FIG) standards
- Repackage Magento Open Source with other components
- Use the Magento software in a production environment
You can also download an archive file for a specific version of Magento in either ZIP or TAR format. Installing Magento from an archive lacks the advantages of using Composer. Contributing developers should use the git-based installation method.
Links to Magento code
- Metapackage, look at
- Customer module
- Luma theme
- en_us language package
For more information
For more information about Composer, see the Composer documentation.