- Shipping Information
- Review and Payment Information
The checkout totals and the corresponding side-bar are only displayed after the first step is completed.
The only exception is checkout of virtual and/or downloadable products: if there are only these types of products in the shopping cart, checkout is automatically transformed to one-step procedure, because shipping information is not required.
For the sake of compatibility, upgradability, and easy maintenance, do not edit the default Magento code. Add your customizations in a custom module.
List of available customizations
You can customize the default checkout in multiple ways. This tutorial includes the following customizations:
- Add a new checkout step
- Customize the view of an existing step
- Add a custom payment method to checkout
- Add custom validations before order placement
- Add custom shipping carrier
- Add custom shipping carrier validations
- Add custom input mask for ZIP code
- Add a custom template for a form field on Checkout page
- Add a new input form to checkout
- Add a new field in address form
- Add custom shipping address renderer
- Add a custom field for an offline payment method