The following table discusses where to get the Magento software. We provide the following downloads:
- Magento Open Source or Magento Commerce software only
- Magento Open Source or Magento Commerce software with sample data (designed to help you learn Magento faster)
These packages are easy to get and install. You don’t need to use Composer, all you need to do is to upload a package to your Magento server or hosted platform, unpack it, and run the web-based Setup Wizard.
The Web Setup Wizard is being deprecated in Magento 2.3.6 and will be removed in Magento 2.4.0. After it is removed, you must use the command line to install or upgrade Magento.
Archives are available in the following formats:
||Install package location
|Magento Open Source
Choose either the software or the software and sample data:
Magento-CE-<version>.* (without sample data)
Magento-CE-<version>+Samples.* (with sample data)
<version/> is the three-digit release number (for example,
2.1.0, and so on.)
||Use the following steps:
- Go to www.magento.com
- In the top horizontal navigation bar, click My Account.
- Log in with your Magento username and password.
- In the left navigation bar, click Downloads.
- In the right pane, click Magento Enterprise Edition 2.X > Full Release or Magento Enterprise Edition 2.X > Full Release + Sample Data for the software.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the Magento Commerce download:
Magento-EE-<version>.* (without sample data)
Magento-EE-<version>+Samples.* (with sample data)
- Transfer the installation package to your development system.