Step 6. Install
Step 6: Install
After completing all preceding steps in the Setup Wizard, click Install Now.
You have the following options:
- To see installation progress or error details, click Console Log.
- In the event of problems, click Previous to go back and fix incorrect entries.
- To try the installation again in the event of failure, click Try Again.
Success displays to indicate a successful installation.
If the installation failed, click Previous to review the information you entered, make sure the Magento server and database host are still reachable.
You can also run the installer again.
Viewing the installation log
The Setup Wizard creates a log file, named
install.log, that you might find useful in debugging issues or in verifying the actions performed by the wizard.
The Setup Wizard uses the sys_get_temp_dir ( void ) PHP call to determine where to write the installation log. To locate the log:
php.iniin a text editor.
If you don’t know where
- Log in as or switch to the switch to the Magento file system owner.
- Create phpinfo.php in the web server’s docroot.
phpinfo.phpin a web browser.
The location of
php.iniis typically specified as Loaded Configuration File in the displayed results.
The value of
sys_temp_dir determines where
install.log is located. If the value is commented out, PHP uses that value as its default.
A typical default value is
/tmp. If that’s the case, the log is