If you are working on a Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure project, see Service versions in the Cloud Guide.
This table shows versions of third-party software dependencies that Adobe has tested with specific Adobe Commerce and Magento Open Source releases. Adobe only supports the combination of system requirements described in the following table.
For example, 2.4.3 is fully tested with MariaDB 10.4. Adobe recommends that you upgrade to MariaDB 10.4 before upgrading to 2.4.3.
|Elasticsearch||7.16||7.9||7.7||7.6||5, 6||5, 6||5, 6||5, 6||2, 5|
|MariaDB||10.3||10.3||10.2||10.1, 10.2||10.1, 10.2||10.1, 10.2||10.1, 10.2||10.1, 10.2||10.1, 10.2|
|MySQL||5.7||5.7||5.7||5.6, 5.7||5.6, 5.7||5.6, 5.7||5.6, 5.7||5.6, 5.7||5.6, 5.7|
|PHP||7.4||7.4||7.3||7.2, 7.3||7.2, 7.3||7.1, 7.2, 7.3||7.1, 7.2||7.1, 7.2||7.1, 7.2|
|RabbitMQ||3.8||3.8||3.8||3.8||3.7, 3.8||2.x, 3.7||2.x, 3.7||2.x, 3.7||2.x, 3.7|
|Varnish||6.5||6.5||6.4||6.3||4, 5, 6.2||6.2||4, 5||4, 5||4, 5|
This section describes support and compatibility for all other types of required and optional software.
All of the following requirements apply to the latest patch release of Magento 2.3.
Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) or an SMTP server
Operating systems (Linux x86-64)
Linux distributions, such as RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and similar. Magento is not supported on Microsoft Windows and macOS.
The PHP installation instructions include a step for installing these extensions.
Refer to official PHP documentation for installation details.
If you must install it separately, see the PHP OPcache documentation.
We recommend particular PHP configuration settings, such as
memory_limit, that can avoid common problems when using Magento.
For more information, see Required PHP settings.
PHPUnit (as a command-line tool) 6.2.0
Upgrading the Magento applications and extensions you obtain from Commerce Marketplaces and other sources can require up to 2GB of RAM. If you are using a system with less than 2GB of RAM, we recommend you create a swap file; otherwise, your upgrade might fail.
Magento requires the following system tools for some of its operations:
- A valid security certificate is required for HTTPS.
- Self-signed SSL certificates are not supported.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) requirement - PayPal and
repo.magento.comboth require TLS 1.2 or later:
Storefront and Admin:
- Internet Explorer 11 or later, Microsoft Edge, latest and previous major version
- Firefox latest, latest and previous major version (any operating system)
- Chrome latest, latest and previous major version (any operating system)
- Safari latest, latest and previous major version (Mac OS only)
- Safari Mobile for iPad 2, iPad Mini, iPad with Retina Display (iOS 12 or later), for desktop storefront
- Safari Mobile for iPhone 6 or later; iOS 12 or later, for mobile storefront
- Chrome for mobile, latest and previous major version (Android 4 or later) for mobile storefront
php_xdebug 2.5.x or later (development environments only; can have an adverse effect on performance)
There is a known issue with
xdebug that can affect Magento installations or access to the storefront or Admin after installation. For details, see Known issue with xdebug.