This page summarizes the technologies we use. For more detailed information, see the System Requirements.
Magento’s highly modular structure includes the following open-source technologies.
- Composer (dependency management package for PHP)
- MySQL Percona
- CSS3 (LESS CSS pre-processor)
- Third-party libraries (Zend Framework 1, Zend Framework 2, Laminas, Symfony)
- Coding standards PSR-0 (autoloading standard), PSR-1 (basic coding standards), and PSR-2 (coding style guide), PSR-3, PSR-4
For Magento 2.3.5, we have started porting unsupported Zend components to the Laminas framework.
Optional stack components
- Varnish (caching)
- Redis (used for page caching)
- RabbitMQ (message queue)
Testing frameworks are located in the
dev/tests directory. Refer to our Magento Testing Guide to learn more about the frameworks and associated tests.