Release notes published October 2020.
GraphQL is a flexible and performant API that allows you to build custom front-ends, including headless storefronts, Progressive Web Apps (PWA), and mobile apps for Magento.
These release notes can include:
- New features
- Fixes and improvements
Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.1
Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.4.0
reorderItemsmutation. This mutation enables the logged-in customer to add the contents of a previous order to their cart.
categoriesquery returns a list of categories that match a specified filter. This query differs from the
categoryListquery in that it supports pagination.
pickupLocationsquery. When the Inventory in-store pickup feature is enabled, this query allows the shopper to select a pickup location. The
pickup_location_codeattribute has been added to the
setShippingAddressesOnCartmutation to specify which source will serve as the pickup location.
Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.5
categoryListqueries can now be used to retrieve information about products and categories that have been added to a staged campaign. These queries require an admin authorization token. See Using queries for details.
- Custom attributes used in layered navigation no longer require the Use in Search, Visible in Advanced Search, and Use in Search Results Layered Navigation fields be set to Yes.
- Added the
disabledattributes to the
- When you apply a gift card to a cart, an exception is no longer thrown when the last product is removed from the cart.
- In a category search, the
imageattribute returns the full path to an image, rather than a truncated path.
- Flat rate shipping amounts are calculated correctly when you add a configurable product to a cart.
Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.4
- Guest carts can now be merged with customer carts. The
mergeCartsmutation transfers the contents of a guest cart into the cart of a logged-in customer.
- A customer can start an order on one device and complete it on another. Use the
customerCartquery to obtain the cart ID for a logged-in customer.
- Layered navigation can use custom filters. The
filterattribute of the
productsquery now requires the
ProductAttributeFilterInputobject. You can specify a pre-defined filter in this object, or define a custom filter. As a result, layered navigation on your website filters on the attributes you need.
- You can search categories by ID, name, and/or URL key. The
categoryListquery replaces the deprecated
- A customer can add bundle and downloadable products to the cart with the
ProductInterfacesupports fixed product taxes (such as WEEE). Use the
storeConfigquery to determine whether the store supports these taxes.
cartobject has been enhanced to include information about promotions and applied discounts at the line and cart levels.
- Added test coverage in multiple GraphQL modules.
The following queries and mutations have been deprecated:
|Deprecated entity||Use this instead|
Magento Commerce and Magento Open Source 2.3.3
GraphQL supports PayPal, Braintree, and Authorize.Net payment methods. You can use mutations to set the payment method, retrieve payment method-specific tokens, and place an order. For details, see the following topics:
- Added support for gift cards: (Magento Commerce only)
- Added the ability to manage store credit: (Magento Commerce only)
- Added the addConfigurableProductsToCart mutation.
Magento Open Source 2.3.2
Added mutations to support the following cart operations and checkout for logged-in and guest customers:
- Add simple products to a cart.
- Add virtual products to a cart.
- Set the shipping address. Address books are supported.
- Set the billing address. Address books are supported.
- Set the shipping method. Supported methods include DHL, FedEx, Flat Rate, Free Shipping, Table Rate, UPS, and USPS.
- Set the payment method. Supported methods include Bank Transfer, Cash on Delivery, Check/Money Order, Purchase Order, and Zero Subtotal Checkout.
- Apply or remove cart coupons.
- Assign an email to a guest cart.
- Place an order.
Added new queries and extended the functionality of others.
isEmailAvailablequery checks whether the specified email address has already been used to create an account.
cartquery can now return information set by mutations that perform cart operations, including product information, shipping and billing addresses, shipping and payment methods, and applied coupons. The query also returns calculated totals.
customerPaymentTokensquery returns the signed-in customer’s payment tokens.
Queries can now be performed as HTTP GET or POST operations.
Magento can use Varnish or full-page caching to cache pages rendered from the results of the following GraphQL queries:
You must send these queries as HTTP GET operations to cache the results.
Magento Open Source 2.3.1
- Added mutations and queries that allow customers to manage My Account information. Specific capabilities include:
- Added functionality to support complex Catalog features. This version supports:
- Specifying absolute image paths for products and including extended image information
- Rendering fields that use WYSIWYG text
- URL rewrites for products
- GraphQL framework enhancements, including:
- Mutations that generate and revoke customer tokens
- Page Builder and WYSIWYG fields support complex structures for PWA scenarios
- Magento now calculates the complexity of queries and mutations and returns an error message if a query or mutation is deemed too complex
- Variable support in queries and mutations
- A query that returns information about a store’s theme and CMS configuration
- GraphQL tests are integrated with Travis CI
- GraphQL browsers now display fields and objects alphabetically