Magento_Staging module is used for setting up, previewing and managing future store updates.
The Magento_Staging is dependent on the following modules:
Magento_Staging module have configured timeline view that simplify representation of updates. Configuration of timeline is present in view/adminhtml/ui_component/staging_update_grid.xml file. Difference between simple grid is in next components declaration:
- template - overloaded template to provide switcher between grid and timeline, legend for timeline.
- updateTypes - path to status column that provide data for legend
- component - timeline component tht extends listing.
- recordTmpl - overloaded template for timeline records.
- detailsTmpl - template for tooltip that provide details about updates.
- status column
- component - extends selection column, sets class based on value.
- updateTypesMap - array that contains bounded classes and values.
- To avoid mixed content and to work properly, Staging Site Preview feature requires both Storefront and Admin area to be under the same protocol (http or https).