From a marketing perspective, all submissions to Commerce Marketplace must solve a business problem and deliver rich and unique functionality. Marketing descriptions will be checked against our style guidelines to make sure that content is in line with Magento branding guidelines.
Presentation: Make the first impression count
We have made an investment in the presentation of Commerce Marketplace. In return, we ask that you put forth an effort to present your solutions in a professional manner. If we see room for improvement, we’ll reach out to you before listing your extension on Commerce Marketplace.
- Your product must have a professional presentation with clear descriptions, images, and screenshots.
- The product name must indicate the purpose of the extension or theme.
- The product description must be well-written and provide an overview of the features and benefits.
- Use only high-quality screenshots, images, and video to accompany the listing.
The extension title should fulfill the following guidelines:
- Choose a title that is descriptive and concise. The extension title can be up to five words in length and must be in English.
- Do not include the version number, developer name, or any reference to Magento in the title.
- Do not use Magento or M2.
- Do not include the words Extension, Module or Plugin.
- The words, Connector and Integration can be used if applicable.
- Use & instead of And, such as in Order & Save (not Order and Save).
- Capitalize the first letter of each word, such as Mass Order Export (not Mass order export).
- Do not use all capital letters.
- Do not use punctuation unless it’s part of the actual company name, such as InstantSearch+ or Yahoo!.
- / and - are acceptable in certain circumstances, such as for Two-Factor or Import / Export.
- Do not add underscores between words in the package name, such as (Extension_Title).
- Do not use the Developer Name in the title, such as Print Order PDF (not Fooman Print Order PDF).
- If the developer is the same name as the service being integrated, you may use the develop name in the title. For instance, if Visa submits an integration, they should include Visa since it’s the name of the service.
- You can add the Magento version, such as 2.3, if two separate extensions must be on the store.
The extension icon should fulfill the following guidelines:
- The extension icon must reflect the extension with words and/or images. Text is not required, but an extension title can be added to the icon.
- If the extension title is added to the icon, it should exactly match the extension title.
- No slogans or features.
- Do not use Magento or M2.
- Do not use the Magento Logo.
- Do not use the developer logo instead of the extension icon.
- Do not specify the extension version.
- Limit the use of the word Pro.
- Less is more. Avoid minute detail that is hard to understand.
- For first-party companies, we recommend using the same image you use on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
For guides and examples of long descriptions, see Product Descriptions.
User guide, reference manual, or installation guide
Extension documentation should fulfill the following guidelines:
- Must cover all features of the extension.
- Must not direct users to make purchases on sites other than Marketplace.
- If an extension title is added into the documentation, it must not include Magento. Use For Magento after the title if needed.
- Use of the Magento logo is prohibited. To learn more, see our branding guidelines.
- Partners can use their Magento partner badge.
- At least one piece of uploaded documentation must be in English.
- Do not upload duplicates of the documents.
Pricing: Provide clear pricing information
The price of your extension is included as part of the marketing information. To learn more, see Enter Pricing Information.
- Items listed on the Commerce Marketplace can be offered for free or sold as commercial products.
- The price of items offered for sale on the Commerce Marketplace can range anywhere from $25.00 to $999,999.00, and must reflect fair market value.
- All purchases are paid for in US currency.
- Items sold on the Commerce Marketplace are subject to a revenue-sharing fee that is paid by the developer.
- Any additional fees or subscription pricing—including fees charged by a third-party company for integrated services—must be included in the opening paragraph of the Long Description with bold formatting.
- Magento recommends $99 for Open Source and $199 for Commerce extension pricing.
Content: Complete the product profile
The content that accompanies your extension listing is derived from the marketing information you entered for the extension or theme, and information in your company profile. To learn more, see Extension content.
- All content that is associated with a Commerce Marketplace listing must be free of offensive or discriminatory language, sexual content, or nudity.
- The promotion of additional services or other extensions from your extension profile page is not allowed.
- The extension listing must accurately describe the product, including the description and overview information, version compatibility, and category selection.
- The extension listing must be free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Branding: Use Magento name and logo correctly
The Magento name and its related logos are trademarks owned by Adobe. Your extension and listing must not violate the trademarks and copyrights of Magento, Adobe, or those of any other party. To learn more, see Branding.