Find your version of MFTF. The latest Magento 2.4.x release supports MFTF 3.x. The latest Magento 2.3.x release supports MFTF 2.6.x.
Tests and the Framework itself are stored in different repositories.
- Tests are stored in Module’s directory.
- MFTF is installed separately (usually as a Composer dependency)
To understand different types of update - please follow the Versioning page.
Patch version update
Takes place when third digit of version number changes.
- Make sure that Security settings are set appropriately.
- Get latest Framework version with
composer update magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework --with-dependencies
- Generate updated tests with
Minor version update
Takes place when second digit of version number changes.
- Check details about backward incompatible changes in the Changelog and update your new or customized tests.
- Perform all the actions provided for Patch Version Update
- When updating from versions below
2.5.0, verify WYSIWYG settings
- You may need to run the
Major version update
Takes place when first digit of version number changes.
- Check detailed explanation and instructions on major version upgrade in Backward Incompatible Changes and upgrade your new or customized tests.
- Perform all the actions provided for [Minor Version Update]
- It is a good idea to regenerate your IDE Schema Definition catalog with
vendor/bin/mftf generate:urn-catalog .idea/
- Update your tests, including data, metadata and other resources. Check if they contain tags that are unsupported in the newer version.
- Remove the references to resources (ActionGroups, Sections, Tests) marked as deprecated.