Update the Magento Functional Testing Framework
2.3 supports MFTF
2.5.3 (Find your version of the MFTF).
Tests and the Framework itself are stored in different repositories.
- Tests are stored in Module’s directory.
- MFTF is installed separately (usually as a Composer dependency)
To understand different types of update - please follow the Versioning page.
Patch version update
Takes place when third digit of version number changes.
- Make sure that Security settings are set appropriately.
- Get latest Framework version with
composer update magento/magento2-functional-testing-framework --with-dependencies
- Generate updated tests with
Minor version update
Takes place when second digit of version number changes.
- Check details about backward incompatible changes in the Changelog and update your new or customized tests.
- Perform all the actions provided for Patch Version Update
- When updating from versions below
2.5.0, verify WYSIWYG settings
- You may need to run the
vendor/bin/mftf upgrade:tests app
- It is a good idea to regenerate your IDE Schema Definition catalog with
vendor/bin/mftf generate:urn-catalog .idea/
- Update your tests, including data, metadata and other resoruces. Check if they contain tags that are unsupported in the newer version.
- Remove the references to resources (ActionGroups, Sections, Tests) marked as deprecated.